2000 Mt. Baldy Conference on Applied Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College hosted the second annual Mt. Baldy Mathematics Conference on Saturday, October 28th, 2000. The topic this year was Applied Mathematics. There were four keynote speakers, discussing the applications of mathematics to problems arising in physics and biology.
The organizers are Andrew Bernoff and Anette Hosoi.
Keynote Speakers and Schedule
- Registration, Olin Science Center
- Opening Remarks and Welcome
- Theoretical Challenges of Spatiotemporal Chaos (abstract)
- Undercompressive Shocks in Driven Films (abstract)
- Folding, Wrinkling, and Crumpling (abstract)
- The Stability and Dynamics of Spikes for the Gierer-Meinhart Model" (abstract)