2005 HMC Mathematics Conference on Scientific Computing
The Department of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College hosted the seventh annual Harvey Mudd College Mathematics Conference (previously known as the Mt. Baldy Mathematics Conference) on Saturday, November 5, 2005. The topic was scientific computing. Keynote speakers discussed new developments in numerical analysis and techniques and how they have led to novel applications.
The conference was sponsored by the Department of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College with support from the National Science Foundation and in cooperation with the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). The organizer was Darryl Yong.
Speakers and Schedule
- 8:30 AM
- 9:00 AM
- Welcome and Introductory Remarks (Galileo Hall)
- 9:15 AM
- Finite-Volume Methods and Software for Hyperbolic PDEs and Conservation Laws (abstract | video | slides)
- 10:15 AM
- Poster Session and Refreshments
- 11:00 AM
- Modeling and Simulation of Highly Deformable Materials (abstract | video)
- 12:00 PM
- Lunch at Hoch-Shanahan Dining Hall (Upper West Dining Area)
- 2:00 PM
- Computational Modeling of Insect Flight (abstract | video)
- 3:00 PM
- Poster session and refreshments
- 3:45 PM
- Bridging the Scales in Biochemical Simulation (abstract | video)
There was also a poster session on the day of the conference. Poster abstracts had to be sent to the organizer by October 7, 2005.