Guidelines for Proposals and Thesis
- Thesis Proposal Guidelines
- Provides information on how to develop and submit a proposal for a
senior thesis (generally done in March of the Junior Year).
- Information and Expectations for the Senior Research Experience (thesis or clinic)
- Provides a summary of the expectations of
students for their senior research experience. Every student signs a
copy of this document at the beginning of their senior year,
acknowledging the department's expectations.
- Senior Thesis Handbook
- The Senior Thesis Handbook is the ultimate guide to the
senior-thesis program at Harvey Mudd College. It provides a detailed
description of the role of senior thesis in the undergraduate
curriculum; what to do in special circumstances, such as if you are a
double major or wish to use a thesis in an external department to
satisfy the math degree; how your thesis is graded; how to format your
thesis; how to create and format your bibliography; information about
frequently seen problems with theses using LaTeX; and more.