Tools for Writing Your Thesis and Proposal
This section of the site provides a number of useful sample documents, template documents, and LaTeX class files and other supporting material that you can use to help you learn about LaTeX and write your thesis proposal and thesis.
- LaTeX Class Files for use with your own TeX system—if you're working on a math cluster machine, you do not need these files
- The Sample Thesis
- Template Files
During the Year
- Evaluation form for presentations (PDF; 44 KB)
- Books and articles on writing, both English and mathematics; on using TeX and LaTeX; on creating and giving effective presentations; and on finding information online and in books and journals available through the Libraries.
- Thesis Information Form (Google Form; registered HMC accounts only)
Completing Your Thesis
- Checklist, a list of the steps you need to take to successfully complete and submit your thesis (PDF; 120 KB)
- Address form, for providing the department with an address to use when shipping your bound thesis (PDF; 44 KB)
- Deposit agreement form, for asserting copyright and granting the college permission to “publish” your thesis via the Web (PDF; 42 KB)
- Information about printing posters (including PowerPoint templates) and the LaTeX poster class we expect you to use to create a poster for Presentation Days.