PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program:
"Episodes in Educational Computing"
A Special Lecture by:
John C. Polking
All the programs contain documentation in the form of comments in
- slview.m --The program slview enables the user to see
the graphs of the eigenfunctions of a Sturm-Liouville problem.
- slseries.m -- The program slseries enables the user to
examine the expansion of the function f(x) described in f.m in terms
of the eigenfunctions of a Sturm-Liouville problem.
- sls.m -- The program sls uses finite differences to
find approximately the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of a
- fseries.m -- The function fseries allows the user to
observe the convergence of Fourier series.
- dfield6.m -- The interactive tool dfield6 is for studying single
first order differential equations.
- odesolve.m -- The program odesolve is a MATLAB function
which provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the use of MATLAB's
differential equation solvers.
- pplane6.m -- The program pplane6 is an interactive tool
for studying planar autonomous systems of differential equations.
Return to PCMI-UFP Home